Good morning from sunny Buffalo, NY! Here’s a look at the inner workings of the Sports Blog Net world, starting with pennant races:
- The Boston Red Sox clinched a postseason berth with a win over Cliff Lee and the Cleveland Indians last night. Sports of Boston has the latest. The Sox also plan on retiring Johnny Pesky’s number before the end of the regular season.
- Johan Santana came up big for the Mets in their 6-2 win over the Cubs. The ‘Ropolitans has the postgame recap and checks on the pluse of fans coming down the stretch.
- Yankee Stadium’s late game was a memorable one, according to Scott Proctor’s Arm. But the Yankees have now been eliminated from the postseason for the first time in 13 years.
- Docksquad Sports has some videos from the Chicago Cubs’ division title celebration.
- Twins Fix has an in-depth story on the National League Cy Young Race.
And all the rest:
- The Denver Broncos are 3-0, and Mike Shanahan’s strategy is all the rage at Bronco Madness.
- Is JT O’Sullivan the answer in San Fran? Right now it is, as 49ers News reports.
- UK Wildcat Country breaks down a hoops classic between Kentucky and Cincinnati from 2005.
- Faceoff Factor looks at the latest round of roster trimming at Penguins camp, as the team prepares for the regular season.
My name is Howie Mansfield, and I blog my thoughts at Sports Night Blog.You can reach me via e-mail at howiemansfield [at] gmail [dot] com.